Astro Machine Works continues to add to its capabilities with Wire EDM
Astro Machine Works Inc, in Ephrata, PA has added to their growing machining capabilities by adding the latest in EDM Machines. The Sodick AQ537L Wire EDM has many advantages including the fastest speeds and accuracy in the industry.
“LP power supply” is standard
- Thanks to ergonomically designed new control panel, beginners can operate easily.
- Keyboard and remote controller designed from the viewpoint of workers feature improved operability.
- “Intelligent Q3vic EDW” is standard and 3D solid model can be directly imported to CNC controller at the manufacturing site.
Linear motor drive
- Sodick-made linear motor drive features high-speed drive and positioning accuracy. No mechanical contact enables high respondence, long term stability and reliability. This linear motor realizes best performance by being combined with motion controller(K-SMC) that Sodick has cultivated for a long time.
Super high-speed automatic wire threading system
- A World class super high-speed automatic wire threading system “Super Jet AWT” is equipped with wire anneal function on top of existing pipe jet. Switching to “Upper-and-lower round dies + Nozzle jet” or “Upper split dies + Pipe jet” can be done very easily, making it possible to choose any threading version according to the requests at working site. “Close-clearance dies” is newly standard and machining accuracy improves in any wire EDMing.
To see the Sodick AQ537L Wire EDM in action click here.
Astro Machine Works, Inc. has been providing world-class quality, service, and support since 1984. We specialize in the manufacture of Custom Built Machines, as well as Precision Machined Parts. Industries served include manufacturing, medical, pharmaceutical, energy, food processing, government, aerospace, electronics, semiconductor, telecommunications, fiber optics, packaging and material handling.
For more information about our Wire EDM capabilities, or how Astro Machine Works can help you in your machining, design and manufacture support, or reverse engineering requirements, please visit our website or call (717) 738-4281.