Astro Machine Works is proud to be a global leader in the medical device machining industry. For over 30 years, we’ve been providing fast, accurate, and affordable machining for the medical industry. In an industry with some of the strictest requirements and tightest turnaround times, we never forget the people and companies whose well-being depends on us filling their orders correctly, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
Precision Machining for Medical
From MRI and CT scan components to cardiovascular and orthopedic implants, we’re experts at providing machining support for the most precise computer numeric control (CNC) equipment. Unlike other types of machine manufacturing that leave a certain amount of room for error, medical CNC machining means you have a responsibility to get it right every time, for every component.
While the automated process of CNC has been around since the 1960s, many of the modern materials we work with are cutting-edge — just like the revolutionary uses of the components we produce. Our experience and know-how stand out because we’ve been CNC-machining medical devices for decades. When you place an order with Astro Machine Works, you’re getting the combined best in everything from customer service and machining experts to modern facilities and a timely workflow.
Advantages of Precision Machining in the Medical Industry
Precision machining offers various benefits to the medical industry, including:
- Enhanced precision and accuracy. Precision machining produces components to extremely tight tolerances with high repeatability. This ensures that every part will perform as required for the intended application.
- More design flexibility. Precision machining accommodates a broad range of product and part designs, enabling medical manufacturers to produce a variety of parts, no matter how simple or complex.
- Wider material suitability. Precision machining can work with a wide variety of standard and specialized materials. This is especially important for the medical industry, as applications often require components that can withstand harsh conditions such as strong chemicals and high temperatures.
Precision Machined Parts for Medical Applications
At Astro Machine Works, we can produce a wide selection of precision-machined parts for various devices and equipment, including but not limited to:
- Orthopedic devices
- Dental tools/instruments
- Diagnostic equipment
- Medical pumps
- Patient treatment equipment
- Lab equipment
Precision Machining Services from Astro Machine Works
Because we have a keen understanding of our clients’ efforts to bring life-changing medical equipment to market, we treat every order with the attention to detail that brings those same clients back for more. Precision and reliability go hand-in-hand with what we do, and our state-of-the-art facility and experienced team allow us to offer a wide range of precision machining services.
Astro Machine Works offers a wide range of precision machining services to provide solutions to our clients. Our precision machining services include:
- 5 Axis Machining & Milling
- CNC Precision Machining
- Custom Machine Building
- Machine Repair, Rebuilding & Refurbishment
- Panel Wiring & Control Systems
- Reverse Engineering
- Welding & Fabrication
- Wire EDM Machining
Our world-class facility in Ephrata, PA measures approximately 72,000 square feet. It’s specifically designed to create an efficient environment for our highly experienced team of experts to deliver products on budget and on time, which in turn enables our clients to meet their business commitments with confidence. Contact us to learn more about our precision machining services for the medical industry.